- Gay Marriage Polls Show Huge Gains Since DOMA PassedPosted 58 days ago
- SCOTUS, Prop 8, Gay Marriage, James Madison and Majority RulePosted 59 days ago
- Rand Paul Dead on for Going After Obama and Dubya on PotPosted 61 days ago
- Senate and House Work Hard to Accomplish NothingPosted 62 days ago
- Budget from Paul Ryan Too Steep, Risks Economic DisruptionPosted 64 days ago
- No Labels’ Mark McKinnon: White House Closed for Us, but Rich Can Buy Meetings with ObamaPosted 69 days ago
What Centrists Rising Needs Help With – Alpha Testers Look Here
Okay folks… the site is finally up. It isn’t entirely “put together” yet, but that will come in time, and it’s ready enough for people to kick the tires, write some blog posts and make sure it’s ready for our wider readership from the old Rise of the Center days to come on here without stumbling across a bunch of glitches.
I have found one glitch… with the login / register button at the top of the sidebar. It doesn’t show up when people are using Internet Explorer, and have their security setting all the way at the highest level. I haven’t been able to find a way around that glitch… people will either have to lower their security to just one notch down (which is higher than the vast majority of people have it set, and are just fine), or they can use Chrome or Firefox (which, frankly, I’d suggest they do anyway).
Go to those same area if you have ideas on how to make the site better – I can’t promise I’ll be able to do it, but I’ll at least consider it and/or look into it.
Here is What I Need You TO Do
- CREATE AN ACCOUNT – if you haven’t already done so, click on the ‘LOGIN or REGISTER’ button at the top of the sidebar to do so.
- After you create your account, just click on everything. If it either doesn’t work, or doesn’t work the way you expected it to, go to one of the forums I link to above and tell me what we need to fix.
- If you’re interested in blogging, ask me to give you the ability to blog. I’ll do that, and you can write a first post that’ll be live when we open the doors. Ideally you’d want to talk about something that will still be relevant for a couple weeks, as it might be a few days before we launch – if we run into some more glitches.
- Hop into the Forums, post something and/or make some comments. For those who would like to help with forum moderation, tell me and I’ll give you those abilities (assuming I know you – otherwise stick around for a while, prove you’re above board, and I’ll gladly take you up on your offer).
DO NOT DO ANY OF THESE THINGS – YET
- DO NOT share any links on any social networks – YET
- DO NOT invite people to check the site out – YET
- DO NOT add this site to your site’s blogroll – YET
- In general – first rule of fight club… don’t talk about fight club (YET)
In reality, I know some of you are going to tell people about the site anyway, and that’s actually fine (just like telling people not to talk about Fight Club motivated them to do the exact opposite). Just make them the right people – early adopter types who are big on centrist / moderate politics and forgiving of glitches and theme imperfections as we go from alpha testing (now) to an invite only beta (wont promote, but will ask people to spread the word person to person – hopefully very soon) and into an open beta (start actively promoting the site to the general political blog reading public).
A trickle of search engine traffic has already brought some people in, and that will increase as the site gains content and starts to build a social networking following. All indications point in the direction of the whole point that I shut down Rise of the Center, and to build this site… we’re going to grow a LOT faster, be a MUCH better place for centrists and moderates to find politically like-minded readers and activists, generally have a lot more for people to do and be a lot more FUN!
Thanks folks! You’re seriously a big help… can’t afford to have the site not work right when we open the doors – hopefully soon!